If you feel like you’re always running late, you’re probably right. Between getting out of the shower and wrangling kids, there just aren’t enough hours in the day to get everything done.
One way to help you feel more on top of the world is to make it a habit to start your day with a good breakfast. Whether you’re a morning person or not, it can be easy to fall into a routine of grabbing something quick-and-dirty from the fridge.
But if you’re looking for a more nutritious start to your day, a smoothie can be a tasty and healthy way to sneak in a few servings of fruits and veggies.
Kickstarting The Morning with Smoothies!
Smoothies have a reputation for being a quick and healthy way to start your day. Everyone has their own smoothie routine for a reason: they make your body feel good and help you get enough nutrients for the day. If you drink your smoothies in the morning, you might be having a tough time making the switch from that old routine to a healthier one.
Here are some recipes that you can change up to kickstart your morning smoothie routine:
- Peanut butter and Banana Smoothie – It’s a winner for a reason, and it’s one of my go-to smoothies when I need something a little different in the morning. If you like banana blended up with peanut butter and then some ice, this is the one for you. A concoction that tastes good and also helps get you going in the morning? What more could you want? (And yes, I have tried the chocolate banana, but let’s be honest, peanut butter is still the king of the banana).
- Maca Berry Smoothie Bowl – First things first, this is not a smoothie for the faint-hearted. It’s a super-fruity smoothie disguised as a breakfast smoothie—but if you can get your hands on Maca berries, you probably will be hooked! The Maca is an Ayurvedic herb (also known as Peruvian Ginseng), a member of the Araliaceae family. Its purported benefits include promoting vitality, regulating hormones, and stimulating immune function. It’s best not to take Maca in the morning, as it may cause drowsiness and make you sleepy.
- Banana Mango Avocado Green Smoothie – Get morning smoothies on the go with this banana mango avocado green smoothie. The green smoothie is perfect for the new year, with the bold flavors tempting you to drink it down quicker than you’d like. (Which, let’s be honest, is ideal.) It’s also a good option for anyone who’s heading to the gym or a workout class. It’s easy to make, and it’s got protein, healthy fats, and antioxidants, which are all great for racing through a grueling workout before lunch.
- Spinach And Kiwi Smoothie – Spinach and kiwi are both widely used in smoothies, but while kiwi is often used as a garnish for fruit smoothies, spinach is pretty much a staple in fruit smoothies. But that’s not all that makes it better than the odd green fruit: it also contains Vitamins A, C, E, and K, as well as calcium and potassium. One of the biggest perks? That extra Vitamin C you get from kiwi, which helps the body: it’s been shown to help improve the immune system and reduce sore throats and colds.
- Loaded Coffee Breakfast Smoothie – We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. The loaded coffee smoothie is packed with nutrients and protein, which is perfect for starting your day with the energy you need to tackle the day. This super smoothie not only increases your metabolism and energizes you, but it also helps you lose weight and keep it off.
- Coconut Mango Smoothie Bowl – This smoothie is officially the most popular smoothie recipe around, as most people can relate to the refreshing buzz that it gives. Most people don’t realize that mango and coconut are actually perfect together, and they are known for being super healthy. This is one of the easiest smoothie recipes, and it can be made in minutes. The mango compliments the coconut water, and it will give you a super healthy boost when you’re starting the day.
If you have an early morning routine that you would like to make smoother, there is no need to feel daunted by the thought of making a breakfast smoothie. Smoothies are the perfect breakfast-time pick-me-up, and they are easy to make and delicious to eat.